The human body is home to hundred’s of toxic chemicals. Even newborns have been found to have over 200 toxins in their bodies. No matter what we do to stay healthy, we still can’t totally prevent the many harmful toxins and pollutants that are present in our food, water and air. There is good news however, because you can greatly strengthen your defenses by making some basic changes to your lifestyle.
Here are a few recommendations to ease-up on your liver.
- Include more antioxidants in your diet. This mean eating foods that contain the three major antioxidant vitamins, such as beta-carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin E. You’ll find them in the dark purple, blue, red fruits and vegetables, and also orange, and yellow colors. Some foods you might want to consider are oranges, berries, parsley, onions, carrots, pumpkin, squash, plantains, spinach, and sweet potatoes.
- Stop drinking alcohol. If you’re pregnant, conclusive studies have shown that even mild drinking puts a normal baby at risk. Regardless of who you are, consuming alcohol offers no benefit to the human body or brain.
- Drink 1/2 cup of water just before bed at night and right after waking up in the morning. Drink from a glass or stainless steel container, and avoiding plastics whenever possible. You can also add a little bit of lemon or lime. Citrus fruits contain vitamin C and other minerals that enhance the cleansing process.
- Consider smart supplements that are proven safe and effective.
- Avoid caffeine, processed foods, alcohol, cigarettes, illegal drugs and fatty foods. They are all carriers of toxins.
- Eliminate or decrease pharmaceuticals.
Is your body acidic?
Maintaining the pH balance of your body is important since an imbalance can cause acid levels in your blood to rise. Dr. Otto Warburg, winner of the Nobel Prize, showed that cancer can thrive in an acidic human body, raising the chances of cancer. Warburg explained that an anaerobic state from damaged cell respiration causes fermentation, resulting in low pH (acidity) at the cellular level.
Causes of high acid levels can be caused from:
- High fat diets
- Junk food
A few symptoms of high acid levels in the human body are:
- Joint pain
- Coated Tongue
What can you do to promote alkalinity?
Changing your diet and eating foods that promote alkalinity will make a positive difference. Eating a well-balanced diet that include fresh fruits and vegetables is a good start. Find out more about how to achieve a pH balance in your body here.
Chelation therapy is a treatment that is used to remove metals such as lead, mercury and arsenic from the body. Lead and arsenic have shown to contribute to bodily functions, however, when mercury (purely toxic) and other metals build up in the human body, they can become toxic and make you sick, and sometimes are lethal.
Lead and mercury, as well as arsenic can be removed with chelation therapy. Metal poisoning must be detected in your blood by a physician before the medication can be administered. You get the chelating medicine through an intravenous tube in your arm and the medication then attach to the metals in your blood. It’s also available in pill form. Once the drug has attached to the metal, your body removes them both through the urinary tract.
Arsenic, cadmium, aluminum, lead, and mercury can all find their way into our body tissue. Cilantro has been shown to actively eliminate them from the body in a way that loosens them from the tissue by first binding them together, and then eliminating them from the body.